from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A system of sewers.
- n. Removal of waste materials by means of a sewer system.
- n. Sewage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sewer system.
- n. Common misspelling of sewage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The construction of a sewer or sewers.
- n. The system of sewers in a city, town, etc.; the general drainage of a city or town by means of sewers.
- n. The material collected in, and discharged by, sewers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process or system of collecting refuse and removing it from dwellings by means of sewers.
- n. A system of sewers: as, the sewerage of London.
- n. Same as sewage. 1.
- n. Synonyms Sewerage, Sewage. Sewerage is generally applied to the system of sewers, and sewage to the matter carried off.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a waste pipe that carries away sewage or surface water
- n. waste matter carried away in sewers or drains
Sorry, no etymologies found.