from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Slit in a tire to drain away surface water and improve traction.
- n. (dialect) A drain.
- v. To cut grooves in tires.
- v. (UK) To drain, to filter through peat or reeds; to seep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. See seep.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To ooze; trickle; soak through or out.
- To steep; soak.
From Old English sipian , related to seep. (Wiktionary)