from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The sister of one's spouse.
- n. The wife of one's brother.
- n. The wife of the brother of one's spouse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A female relative of one's generation, separated by one degree of marriage:
- n. Co-sister-in-law: The wife of one's sibling-in-law.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The sister of one's husband or wife; also, the wife of one's brother; sometimes, the wife of one's husband's or wife's brother.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A husband's or wife's sister; also, a brother's wife. See brother-in-law.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sister of your spouse
Sorry, no etymologies found.