from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. Slang To eat or drink rapidly or eagerly; devour: snarfed down some cookies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To eat or consume greedily.
- v. To take something by dubious means, but without the connotations of stealing; to take something without regard to etiquette.
- v. To expel fluid or food through the mouth or nostrils accidentally, usually while attempting to stifle laughter with one's mouth full.
- v. To slurp (computing slang sense); to load in entirety; to copy as a whole.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make off with belongings of others
Probably sn(ort) + (sc)arf3.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Blend of snort and scarf? (Wiktionary)