from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fall of snow.
- n. The amount of snow that falls during a given period or in a specified area.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instance of falling of snow.
- n. The amount of snow that falls on one occasion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The falling of snow: used sometimes of a quiet fall in distinction from a snow-storm.
- n. The amount of snow falling in a given time, as during one storm, day, or year. This amount is measured popularly by the depth of the snow at the close of each time of falling, and scientifically by melting the snow and measuring the depth of the water.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. precipitation falling from clouds in the form of ice crystals
Sorry, no etymologies found.