from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Alone; singly: solely responsible.
- adv. Entirely; exclusively: did it solely for love.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Alone; exclusively.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Singly; alone; only; without another.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Singly; alone; only; without another: as, to rest a cause solely on one argument.
- Completely; wholly; altogether.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. without any others being included or involved
sole + -ly (Wiktionary)