from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The narrow strip at one side of a movie film that carries the sound recording.
- n. The music that accompanies a movie.
- n. A commercial recording of such music.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A narrow strip running down a movie film that carries the recorded sound in synchronization with the pictures.
- n. The sound (especially the music) component of a movie.
- n. A recording of such music for sale.
- v. To provide, or to act as the sound or music component of a film
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sound recording on a narrow strip of a motion picture film
Sorry, no etymologies found.