from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Concentration of one's efforts in a given occupation or field of study.
- n. A field of specialization.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. speciality
- n. The concentration of one's efforts upon a particular field of study
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Devotion to a particular and restricted part or branch of knowledge, art, or science.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Devotion to a special branch or division of a general subject or pursuit; the characteristic pursuit or theme of a specialist; restriction to a specialty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the special line of work you have adopted as your career
- n. the concentration of your efforts on a particular field of study or occupation
Sorry, no etymologies found.