from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To hold under or as if under a spell; enchant or fascinate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To attract one's attention as if by a magic spell.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To bind or hold by, or as if by, a spell or charm; to entrance or fascinate, esp. by eloquence of speech, as in a political campaign.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bind by or as if by a spell; hold under mental control or restraint; fascinate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. attract strongly, as if with a magnet
- v. put into a trance
- v. to render motionless, as with a fixed stare or by arousing terror or awe
Back-formation from spellbound.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)