from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The light from the stars.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Light emitted from stars other than the Sun
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The light given by the stars.
- adj. Lighted by the stars, or by the stars only.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The light proceeding from the stars.
- n. Hence A faint or feeble light.
- Lighted by the stars, or by the stars only.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the light of the stars
Sorry, no etymologies found.