from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A southern African deciduous tree (Ocotea bullata) having wood with an unpleasant odor.
- n. The hard, heavy wood of this tree, used in cabinetwork.
- n. Any of several trees having wood with an unpleasant odor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several unrelated trees whose wood has an unpleasant smell, but especially Ocotea bullata, a south African tree yielding hard, heavy wood
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A name given to several kinds of wood with an unpleasant smell, as that of the Fœtidia Mauritiana of the Mauritius, and that of the South African Ocotea bullata.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of several trees with fetid wood.
Sorry, no etymologies found.