from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British A stock-exchange operator who deals only with brokers.
- n. A stockbroker, especially an unscrupulous one.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stock-exchange operator who deals only with brokers.
- n. An unscrupulous stockbroker.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who speculates in stocks for gain; one whose occupation is to buy and sell stocks. In England a jobber acts as an intermediary between brokers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who speculates in stocks for gain; one whose occupation is the purchase and sale of stocks or shares.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who deals only with brokers or other jobbers
stock + jobber (Wiktionary)