from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device, similar to a pillory, formerly used for public humiliation and punishment.
- n. Plural form of stock.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of stock.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See stock, 12.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a frame for constraining an animal while it is receiving veterinary attention or while being shod
- n. a frame that supports a boat while it is under construction
- n. a former instrument of punishment consisting of a heavy timber frame with holes in which the feet (and sometimes the hands) of an offender could be locked
Sorry, no etymologies found.