from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A conical block of refined sugar, the form in which it was traditionally exported from the Caribbean and Brazil from the 17th century to the 19th century.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A conical mass of refined sugar.
- n. Hence A hat of a conical shape.
- n. A high conical hill: a common local name.
- Having the form of a sugar-loaf; having a high conical form: as, a sugar-loaf hat.
Sorry, no etymologies found.