from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Fertilization of more than one ovum within a single menstrual cycle by separate acts of coitus, especially by different males.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the fertilisation of two or more ova by sperm from separate acts of sexual intercourse, which can lead to twins with different fathers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Fertilization of two ova, at the same menstruation, by two different acts of coition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fertilization of two ova at the same menstruation by two different acts of coition. This unquestionably occurs in woman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fertilization of two or more ova released during the same menstrual cycle by sperm from separate acts of coitus (especially by different males)
Sorry, no etymologies found.