from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A powerful and influential nation, especially a nuclear power that dominates its allies or client states in an international power bloc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Electricity generated in a large plant that is tied into a regional network, on a larger scale than was common in the early years of commercial electricity production.
- n. Excessive or superior power.
- n. A sovereign state with dominant status on the globe and a very advanced military, especially the Soviet Union or United States.
- n. A fictional extraordinary physical or mental ability, especially possessed by a superhero or supervillain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state powerful enough to influence events throughout the world
super- + power (Wiktionary)