from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of surmount.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having its vertical height greater than the half span; -- said of an arch.
- adj. Partly covered by another charge; -- said of an ordinary or other bearing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Overcome; conquered; surpassed.
- In heraldry, having another bearing of the same kind placed upon it: as, a chief surmounted by another.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having something on top
Sorry, no etymologies found.