from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A four-wheeled horse-drawn pleasure carriage having two or four seats.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A light American horse-drawn carriage seating two or four people.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A four-wheeled pleasure carriage, (commonly two-seated) somewhat like a phaeton, but having a straight bottom.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A light phaëton, with or without a top, and hung on side-bars with end-springs and with cross-springs extending from side to side, designed to carry four persons.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a county in southeastern England on the Thames
- n. a light four-wheeled horse-drawn carriage; has two or four seats
Short for Surrey cart, after Surrey, a county of southeast England.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
An adaptation of the Surrey cart, originally made in the county of Surrey. (Wiktionary)