from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The power or domain of a suzerain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A relation between states in which a subservient nation has its own government, but is unable to take international action independent of the superior state.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The dominion or authority of a suzerain; paramount authority.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office or dignity of a suzerain; feudal supremacy; superior authority or command.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the position or authority of a suzerain
- n. the domain of a suzerain
Sorry, no etymologies found.