from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of siphon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of siphon.
- v. Alternative spelling of siphon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See syphon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See siphon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tube running from the liquid in a vessel to a lower level outside the vessel so that atmospheric pressure forces the liquid through the tube
- v. convey, draw off, or empty by or as if by a siphon
- n. a tubular organ in an aquatic animal (especially in mollusks) through which water can be taken in or expelled
Sorry, no etymologies found.