from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Intended to be eaten off the premises: takeout pizza.
- adj. Selling or intended for the sale of food products to be consumed off the premises: a takeout counter; takeout containers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. intended to be eaten off the premises
- n. Food purchased from a takeaway
- n. A stone that hits another stone, removing it from play
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or involving food to be taken and eaten off the premises
- n. (bridge) a bid that asks your partner to bid another suit
- n. prepared food that is intended to be eaten off of the premises
Sorry, no etymologies found.