from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Somewhat worn, shabby, or dilapidated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. potato
- adj. Dilapidated, distressed, worn-out, torn
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mat or screen of fibers, as of the kuskus grass, hung at a door or window and kept wet to moisten and cool the air as it enters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as tauted.
- n. An East Indian matting made from the fiber of the cuscus-grass, which has a pleasant fragrance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing signs of wear and tear
- adj. tastelessly showy
Probably from tat, a rag, shabby person.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)