from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A shallow ornamental vessel usually on a pedestal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A shallow saucer-like dish, either mounted on a stem and foot or on a foot alone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An ornamental cup or vase with a large, flat, shallow bowl, resting on a pedestal and often having handles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shallow or saucer-shaped vessel mounted on a foot.
- n. A saucer-shaped receptacle or bowl, as the bowl-part of the vessel defined above, or a larger group containing several different bowls.
Italian, cup, tazza, from Arabic ṭašt, basin; see demitasse.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Italian tazza. (Wiktionary)