from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The common small spoon used especially in serving and consuming tea, coffee, and desserts.
- n. A household cooking measure equal to 1/3 tablespoon (about 5 milliliters). See Table at measurement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a small spoon used to stir the contents of a cup or glass.
- n. a unit of measure, worth one-third of a tablespoon or roughly five milliliters.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small spoon used in stirring and sipping tea, coffee, etc., and for other purposes.
- n. same as teaspoonful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small spoon used with the tea-cup, or in similar ways: it is larger than the coffee-spoon and smaller than the dessert-spoon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. as much as a teaspoon will hold
- n. a small spoon used for stirring tea or coffee; holds about one fluid dram
tea + spoon (Wiktionary)