from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A love grass (Eragrostis tef) native to northeastern Africa and southwestern Arabia, used as a cereal crop and livestock forage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A love grass, Eragrostis tef, with small seeds, grown as a cereal and for forage in Ethiopia and parts of Arabia
- n. The fine grain of this plant
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An annual cereal grass, Poa Abyssinica, the most important food-plant of Abyssinia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an African grass economically important as a cereal grass (yielding white flour of good quality) as well as for forage and hay
Amharic ṭef; see ṭḥp in Semitic roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Amharic ጤፍ (ṭēff) (Wiktionary)