from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A testis, especially one contained within a scrotum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The male sex and endocrine gland, found in some types of animals, that produces sperm and male sex hormones, including the steroid testosterone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the essential male genital glands which secrete the semen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the two glands in the male which secrete the spermatozoa and some of the fluid elements of the semen; a testis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens
Middle English testicule, from Latin testiculus, diminutive of testis, testis; see testis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin testiculum, testicle, diminutive of testis, witness + diminutive suffix -ulum (Wiktionary)