from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Thebes.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Thebes; also, a wise man.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to Thebes, an ancient city of Upper Egypt, on the Nile, and a center of Egyptian civilization.
- Relating to Thebes, in antiquity the chief city of Bœotia in Greece.
- n. An inhabitant of Thebes in Egypt.
- n. An inhabitant of Thebes in Greece.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the Egyptian city of Thebes or its people or culture
- n. a Greek inhabitant of ancient Thebes
- n. an Egyptian inhabitant of ancient Thebes
- adj. of or relating to the Greek city of Thebes or its people or culture
Sorry, no etymologies found.