from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, directed by, or authorized by a legate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. belonging to a legate
- adj. headed by a legate
- adj. enacted by a legate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a legate.
- adj. Made by, proceeding from, or under the sanction of, a legate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a legate.
- Made by or proceeding from a legate: specifically applied to certain ecclesiastical laws enacted in national synods in England under the presidency of legates from the Pope about the time of Henry III.
- Also legantine.
Sorry, no etymologies found.