from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Becoming soft when heated and hard when cooled.
- n. A thermoplastic resin, such as polystyrene or polyethylene.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. softening when heated and hardening when cooled
- n. A plastic with this property.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a material that softens when heated and hardens again when cooled
- adj. having the property of softening or fusing when heated and of hardening and becoming rigid again when cooled
thermo- + plastic (Wiktionary)