from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several North American raspberries, especially Rubus parviflorus, R. occidentalis, or R. odoratus of the rose family, having thimble-shaped aggregate fruit.
- n. The fruit of any of these plants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Common name of Rubus parviflorus, a species of Rubus, native to western and northern North America, from Alaska east to Ontario and Minnesota, and south to northern Mexico.
- n. The fruit of the above plant.
- n. The black raspberry, Rubus occidentalis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of black raspberry (Rubus occidentalis), common in America.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See raspberry, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. shrubby raspberry of eastern North America having showy rose to purplish flowers and red or orange thimble-shaped fruit
- n. white-flowered raspberry of western North America and northern Mexico with thimble-shaped orange berries
- n. raspberry native to eastern North America having black thimble-shaped fruit
thimble + berry (Wiktionary)