from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, consisting of, or extending to three fourths of the usual full length: a skirt of three-quarter length.
- adj. Depicting the subject turned slightly from a full frontal view: a three-quarter portrait.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of three fourths of the usual dimension
- adj. with the subject turned slightly away from a frontal view
- n. A player positioned between the half-backs and the full-backs (properly a three-quarter back)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Measuring thirty inches by twenty-five; -- said of portraitures.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Involving anything three fourths of its normal size or proportions; specifically, noting a size of portraiture measuring 30 inches by 25, or a portrait delineated to the hips only.
Sorry, no etymologies found.