from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that thrills, especially a sensational or suspenseful book, story, play, or movie.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that thrills.
- n. A suspenseful, sensational genre of story, book, play or film.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Something which thrills or affects with a tingling sensation of pleasure or, occasionally, pain; a shocker; specifically, a shilling shocker.
- n. One who thrills others; specifically, a writer of ‘thrillers’ or shilling shockers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a suspenseful adventure story or play or movie
to thrill + -er (Wiktionary)