from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A play filmed or arranged for filming as a movie. Also called photodrama.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a theatrical play that has been filmed for showing as a movie.
- n. a novel adapted from a movie and illustrated with photographic stills taken from the film. Usage largely confined to the silent era of Hollywood.
- n. a term used by certain newspapers of the 1910s referring to the movie itself; sometimes used interchangeably with the term "motion picture."
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A play for representation or exhibition by moving pictures; also, the moving-picture representation of a play.
Sorry, no etymologies found.