from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having made journeys; experienced in travel.
- adj. Frequented by travelers: a heavily traveled road.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Frequented by travelers.
- adj. Experienced in travel.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of travel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having made journeys; having gained knowledge or experience by traveling; hence, knowing; experienced.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geology, technically applied to boulders which have been moved far from their parent ledges, as in the case of glacial erratics.
- Harassed; tormented; fretted.
- Worked over; turned up with the spade; tilled.
- Having made journeys; having gone, or having been carried, to distant points or countries: as, traveled Madeira is highly prized.
- Having gained knowledge or experience by labor or travel; hence, experienced; knowing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. familiar with many parts of the world
- adj. traveled over or through; sometimes used as a combining term
Sorry, no etymologies found.