from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An outer garment for covering the body from the waist to the ankles, divided into sections to fit each leg separately. Often used in the plural.
- adj. Of, designed for, or found on trousers: trouser legs; trouser cuffs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Of or relating to trousers.
- n. A pair of trousers.
- v. To put money into one's trouser pocket; to pocket.
- v. To legally remove funds from an organization for personal use.
- v. To secretively steal an item or money for personal use.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (usually in the plural) a garment extending from the waist to the knee or ankle, covering each leg separately
- n. a garment (or part of a garment) designed for or relating to trousers
Back-formation from trousers, alteration of obsolete trouse, from Scottish Gaelic triubhas.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)