from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tuberous perennial Mexican herb (Polianthes tuberosa) having grasslike leaves and cultivated for its highly fragrant white flowers.
- adj. Variant of tuberous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Mexican tuberous plant (Polianthes tuberosa) that has white flowers and grass-like leaves
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plant (Polianthes tuberosa) with a tuberous root and a liliaceous flower. It is much cultivated for its beautiful and fragrant white blossoms.
- adj. Tuberous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tuberous; having knobs or tubers.
- n. A garden and greenhouse bulb, Polianthes tuberosa, much cultivated for its creamy-white, exceedingly fragrant flowers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tuberous Mexican herb having grasslike leaves and cultivated for its spikes of highly fragrant lily-like waxy white flowers
From New Latin tūberōsa, species name, from feminine of Latin tūberōsus, full of lumps, from tūber, lump; see tuber.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)