from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A clump or tuft of grass.
- n. A low seat, such as a stool.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A clump of grass or similar vegetation.
- n. A large cushion which may have an internal frame, used as a low seat or stool.
- n. An inflatable cushion serving as landing area for precision accuracy parachuting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a low seat or a stool to rest the feet of a seated person
Alteration of tuft.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)