from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of twitter.
- n. The act of producing chirping sounds, or twitters.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of one who, or that which, twitters.
- n. A slight nervous excitement or agitation, such as is caused by desire, expectation, or suspense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The chirping of birds; also, any series of small, clear, intermitted sounds resembling the notes of a bird.
- n. A quivering; a flutter; a state of tremulous excitement indicative of alarm, suspense, desire, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.