from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who sets type. Formerly an employee in a printshop who manually selected pieces of moveable type and assembled them for printing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, sets type; a compositor; a machine for setting type.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A composer of types; a compositor.
- n. A type-setting machine. See type-setting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who sets written material into type
Sorry, no etymologies found.