from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To unfasten the buttons of.
- transitive v. To free or remove (a button) from a buttonhole.
- transitive v. To open as if by unbuttoning: unbutton the hatches.
- intransitive v. To undo buttons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To unfasten buttons
- v. To open something by undoing its buttons
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To loose the buttons of; to unfasten.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To unfasten or open, as a garment, by separating the buttons and the buttonholes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. undo the buttons of
Sorry, no etymologies found.