from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To untie or unfasten, as wrappings or bindings.
- transitive v. To release from restraints or bonds; free.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To take bindings off.
- v. To set free from a debt, contract or promise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To remove a band from; to set free from shackles or fastenings; to untie; to unfasten; to loose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To release from bands or restraint, as the hands or feet of a prisoner; free.
- To unfasten, as a band or tie.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. untie or unfasten
un- + bind (Wiktionary)