from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sleeve worn under another.
- n. An ornamental sleeve worn under another sleeve, designed to extend below or show through slashes in the outer sleeve.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a sleeve, worn underneath another, and visible through slashes or near the hand
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sleeve of an under-garment; a sleeve worn under another
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sleeve worn under another; specifically, a separate sleeve of thin cambric or lace worn under the sleeve of a woman's gown.
Sorry, no etymologies found.