from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past tense and past participle of understand.
- adj. Agreed on; assumed: the understood conditions of troop withdrawal.
- adj. Not expressed in writing; implied: the understood provisos of a custody agreement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of things which have been comprehended.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of understand.
- interj. Indicates comprehension on the part of the speaker.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- imp. & p. p. of understand.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Preterit and past participle of understand.
- As a participial adjective: Comprehended; apprehended.
- Implied; assumed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. fully apprehended as to purport or meaning or explanation
- adj. implied by or inferred from actions or statements
Sorry, no etymologies found.