from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To surge up.
- n. A rapid or abrupt rise: an upsurge in violent crime.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a sudden strong rise or flow
- v. to surge up, or to become stronger or greater
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To surge up. The Century, XXVI. 130.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sudden or abrupt strong increase
- n. a sudden forceful flow
Sorry, no etymologies found.