from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The formation or development of hives.
- n. The sensation of having been stung by nettles.
- n. A lashing with nettles formerly used to treat a paralyzed part of the body.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the development of urticaria (hives)
- n. The sensation of being stung by nettles
- n. Beating the skin with nettles (formerly used to treat paralysis)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of whipping or stinging with nettles; -- sometimes used in the treatment of paralysis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The action or result of urticating or stinging; a stinging or nettling operation or effect; specifically, the whipping of a benumbed or paralytic limb with nettles, in order to restore its feeling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an itchy skin eruption characterized by weals with pale interiors and well-defined red margins; usually the result of an allergic response to insect bites or food or drugs
- n. a sensation of having been stung by nettles
Sorry, no etymologies found.