from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of a wife; regarded as befitting a wife.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a wife, her genes, her relatives.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Dotingly fond of, or servilely submissive to, a wife; uxorious; also, becoming a wife; pertaining to a wife.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a wife or married woman; peculiar to or befitting a wife.
- Same as uxorious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. befitting or characteristic of a wife
From Latin uxōrius, from uxor, wife.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin uxorius, from uxor (wife) (Wiktionary)