from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small brownish Old World songbird (Saxicola rubetra) often found in open country.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small Old World songbird, Saxicola rubetra, that feeds on insects.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small warbler (Pratincola rubetra) common in Europe; -- called also whinchacker, whincheck, whin-clocharet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An oscine passerine bird of the genus Pratincola, P. rubetra, closely related to the stonechat, and less nearly to the wheatear. Compare cuts under stonechat and wheatear.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. brown-and-buff European songbird of grassy meadows
Sorry, no etymologies found.