from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made or consisting of wool.
- adj. Of or relating to the production or marketing of woolen goods.
- n. Fabric or clothing made from wool. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made of wool.
- n. An item of clothing made from wool
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made of wool; consisting of wool.
- adj. Of or pertaining to wool or woolen cloths
- n. Cloth made of wool; woollen goods.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Made of wool; consisting of wool: as, woolen cloth.
- Of or pertaining to wool: as, woolen manufactures.
- Clad in the rough, homespun serges of former times, as opposed to the silk, velvet, and fine linen of the wealthier classes; hence, coarse; boorish; rustic; vulgar.
- n. Cloth made of wool, or chiefly of wool: an abbreviation of woolen cloth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or related to or made of wool
- n. a fabric made from the hair of sheep
Sorry, no etymologies found.