from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or located in the area of the zygoma: a zygomatic muscle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to the zygoma.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or in the region of, the zygoma.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology and anatomy, of or pertaining to the malar or jugal bone, or this bone and its connections; constituting or entering into the formation of the zygoma; jugal.
- the zygomaticofacial, or malar, running between the orbital aud anterior surfaces;
- the zygomaticotemporal, or temporal, running between the orbital and temporal surfaces.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the cheek region of the face
- n. the arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek
From French zygomatique, from Ancient Greek ζυγωματικός (zugōmatikos), from ζύγωμα (zugōma, "zygoma"). (Wiktionary)