from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. At, near, or on the kidneys.
- adj. Of or relating to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
- n. An adrenal gland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
- adj. Near the kidneys.
- n. An adrenal gland.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Suprarenal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, a suprarenal capsule; one of a pair of small glandular or follicular but ductless bodies, of unknown function, capping the kidneys in mammals and most other vertebrates. Also called atrabiliary capsule.
- Situated near or in contact with the kidney: specifically, noting the adrenal or suprarenal glands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. either of a pair of complex endocrine glands situated near the kidney
- adj. of or pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions
- adj. near the kidneys
The reason is that the four or five doctors whom I know personally who are big proponents of the idea of adrenal fatigue are total whackos.
You cannot allow your supply of steroids to run out or accidentally skip a few days without risking serious consequences, such as a sudden flare or a condition called adrenal insufficiency.
The suprarenals, also known as the adrenal cortex, produce a variety of hormones of vital importance to various metabolic processes and biological functions.
Adrenal gland has two parts, outer is called adrenal cortex and inner core is called adrenal medulla. hypertrophy means enlargement.
Adrenal gland or suprarenal gland, which is located on the top of the kidneys, has two parts, the outer adrenal cortex and the inner core called adrenal m e d u l l a.
Also called adrenal insufficiency or hypocortisolism, Addison's disease can occur at any age, but is most common in people ages 30 to 50.
For example, testosterone is an anabolic hormone, and synthetic steroids that produce the anabolic actions are known as adrenal gland, is a catabolic hormone.
In some cases, fatigue is a sign of an underlying disease, including metabolic abnormalities, such as adrenal insufficiency.
In some cases, fatigue is a sign of an underlying disease, including cancer, low thyroid, anemia or other metabolic abnormalities, such as adrenal insufficiency.
They want to see alternatives such as adrenal support supplements, antiviral treatment, diet modulation and vitamin and mineral supplements.